PetPromise is dedicated to helping to create a world where there are no more homeless pets through education, rescue, sterilization, and adoption.
What we are doing
- rescuing stray animals from the streets and from animal shelters where they are on death row and often minutes away from euthanasia.
- working to secure a no-kill sanctuary where rescued pets can be safely sheltered until we can find them adoptive homes
- providing medical care to neglected, abused and injured animals
- rehabilitating hard-to-adopt animals and finding them loving homes
- providing spay and neuter services for feral cats and pet owners with financial need in order to drastically reduce the number of unwanted animals in our community
- is a non-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization.
- does not have a shelter or sanctuary. All of the pets available for adoption are cared for in volunteer foster homes until they are adopted.
- is a no-kill animal welfare organization and does not support euthanasia as a method of population control.
- helps many pets that other shelters and rescues would consider "unadoptable" due to age, medical condition, or breed.
- maintains many programs designed to support our mission: creating a world where there are no homeless pets.
- receives no governmental funding. PetPromise is supported solely by public and private donations and volunteer fundraising.
The founders of PetPromise began rescuing and finding homes for stray cats and dogs in 1996. The founders along with a network of other people interested in the welfare of homeless companion animals formed PetPromise in 1999. PetPromise was officially incorporated on February 4, 2000.
Visit our website: petpromise.org